- June 2011
- July 2011
- August 2011
- September 2011
- November 2011 -- Travel Bursary Competition Application
- December 2011
- January 2012
- February 2012
- March 2012
- April 2012
- May 2012
- June 2012
- August 2012
- September 2012
- October 2012
- November 2012
Online Rural Health Research Libraries and Collections
- National Rural Health Association Publications
- USDA National Agricultural Library Rural Information Center
- World Health Organization Library & Information Networks for Knowledge
- Open Access Resources
Rural Health Research Journals
- Australian Journal of Rural Health
- Canadian Journal of Rural Medicine
- International Journal of Circumpolar Health
- Journal of Rural and Tropical Public Health
- Journal of Rural Community Psychology
- Journal of Rural Nursing and Health Care
- Rural and Remote Health
- Rural Social Work Journal
Defintions of Rural
- Rural British Columbia Profile: A Ten-year Census Analysis (1991-2001)
- The Definitions of “Rural” by Statistics Canada
Selected Rural Health Reports and Papers
How Healthy Are Rural Canadians? An Assessment of Their Health Status and Health Determinants
Canadian Institute for Health Information (CIHI), 2006
Rural Women’s Experiences of Maternity Care: Implications for Policy and Practice
A major report regarding rural maternity care, including thorough academic and BC-specific policy literature reviews and findings from interviews with rural women and care providers.
Kornelsen, J., & Grzybowski, S. (2008). Obstetric services in small rural communities: What are the risks to care providers? Rural and Remote Health, 8(2), 943-954.
Kornelsen, J., Iglesias, S., Humber, N., & Caron, N.R. (2008). Rural surgical service delivery. Canadian Journal of Rural Medicine, 13(3), 143-144.
Rural and Remote Health Services in Saskatchewan: Identifying Research Priorities
Saskatchewan Health Research Foundation, 2006
Rural British Columbia Profile: A Ten-year Census Analysis (1991-2001)
Rural Secretariat, Government of Canada, 2005
Rural, Remote and Northern Women's Health: Policy and Research Directions
Centres of Excellence for Women's Health, 2004
Building a Strong Foundation for Rural and Remote Health Research in Canada
Canadian Institutes of Health Research (CIHR), 2001
Humber, N., & Dickinson, P. (2010). Rural patients' experiences accessing surgery in british columbia. Canadian Journal of Surgery, 53(6), 373-378.
Humber, N., & Frecker, T. (2008). Delivery models of rural surgical services in british columbia (1996-2005): Are general practitioner--surgeons still part of the picture? Canadian Journal of Surgery, 51(3), 173-178.
Humber, N., & Frecker, T. (2008). Rural surgery in british columbia: Is there anybody out there? Canadian Journal of Surgery, 51(3), 179-184.
Kornelsen, J., Iglesias, S., Humber, N., & Caron, N. R. (2008). Rural surgical service delivery Canadian Medical Association.